- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was at university doing a degree in history but I was there just because it’s what everyone does. I didn't want to go down the usual path of getting a job in the City and hence decided to join Makers Academy.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
Coding was always a hobby of mine and I wanted to kick-start it properly as I realized I wanted a career that I enjoy doing.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
A lot of Google searching and Makers Academy came out as one of the best ones.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
What I found difficult during the course was staying positive through out it. I was at Makers Academy from 9am to about 7pm every day and I was knackered by the end of it. I also found riding the highs and lows difficult.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
Directly after graduating I relaxed for a week and then I started to apply for lots of jobs. I got my first interview through Makers Academy and got a job offer.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I've got a sweet job and I'm doing something that I love!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Don't hesitate. It's amazing. It looks great but it's even better than it looks.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
I'd say £30k is very expensive and that is how much a university degree costs and they are pointless.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear and worry was "am I really going to be in a position where I'll get a job straight away?". By week ten or eleven I was pretty confident that I could get a job and add value to a company.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Absolute joy of an experience.