- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was a Super Yacht crew member.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
Coding is everywhere so knowing about it is important now a days and also it gives me the chance to make and create things that I couldn't do before.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I heard about bootcamps through an article I read and when I decided I was going to go to one, I looked at the ones in London and Makers Academy was the best in my opinion.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Everything! You are not going to know everything and learning to accept that is part of the journey.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I was an alumni helper for 6 weeks which was great experience and I was going to tons of meetups and events to network. I kept coding and made my own personal website to keep my skills sharp. I actually applied to a few jobs and got a job at Surfdome in less than 6 weeks!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
Since graduation it's a relief getting a job as it validates my decision to change career and do Makers Academy.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Do it. If you're thinking of changing career there is a reason why and you need to follow that instinct. Don't underestimate it and do you research properly and then do it!
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
There is no other way that you can make a career change that will get you rewards quickly & in the short amount of time. Compare it to university fees, it's a fraction of the cost.
- What as your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear was it would take too long to get a job as I was on a limited budget but I think that motivated me to do as much as I could after graduating.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Challenging and rewarding and fantastic!