- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working for a bank!
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted to learn to code because my old job wasn't exercising my brain much. I worked in finance and that is enough said!
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I constantly felt I was inadequate as there were people who were better than me but you shouldn't compare yourself against others instead compare yourself against the person you were yesterday.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I worked as an Alumni Helper for Makers Academy and that boosted my confidence a lot after I graduated as I felt I wasn't ready. I then got a job at Spabreaks.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I feel like my world has opened up and I feel like there is a lot more I can do that I didn't feel like I could do before. I built some really useful programs the other day thanks to the skills I got at Makers Academy!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
If your gut says yes then do it!
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
I've managed to increase my salary by 10% by getting a job as a developer and I know I'll make the money back so it's a good investment.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I didn't have any because I spoke to many graduates and still it exceeded my expectations!
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
One of the best things I did in my life!
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
Whenever you are interviewing always think to yourself what would a Makers Coach say. I say that because I didn't finish the technical challenge at the interview and the only way I got in is because I followed everything I learnt here like best practices, testing etc.