- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
In January I graduated from university where I studied Communication.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I used to code by myself but everything I knew was self-taught and I needed a place to teach me the best practices.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I came across Makers Academy on Google and I applied because it looked like exactly what I wanted.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation I worked at Makers Academy as an Alumni Helper. Then Makers found me a job at FNZ in the Czech Republic after we went to a recruitment hackathon there which was awesome. FNZ showed us around and paid for our meals and beers, and then gave me a job with a great relocation package.
- What would you say to people who say £8,000 is very expensive?
If you want to learn to code then Makers Academy is worth it.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was a bit worried about moving to London. When I had moved to big cities in the past I did not have good experiences.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
I had a great cohort. It was awesome and we just had a lot of fun and some of us will stay friends forever.
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
Follow your heart.