- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
Worked as a German customer support representative.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Knew someone who worked with a Maker and that made me look into it. Went to a tester event in November which confirmed my decision.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The change from a 9-5 job to back to school was quite a change. Also pairing every day took some time to get used to but I do love it now and know how beneficial it is.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I've found a job through my personal network quite quickly. Really enjoyed hiring week and it helped me a lot to realise what I want and how I am!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
Super excited to start my new career!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Definitely do it! Do some research before - there are loads of online courses to see if you like it enough to change careers. I also recommend the Makers taster weekend to get a feel for this place.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's less time and money than a university degree and you learn everything you need to start a career really quickly!
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
Finding a job afterwards and that I wouldn't be able keep up during the course. I have found a job and I have built about 2 projects per week which gave me confidence that I can code.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
So much fun! Learnt so much in such a short amount. Have worked with so many motivated people which made everything even nicer!