- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a Recruitment Consultant.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I had interest in the industry and needed a career change.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I found Makers Academy via an internet search and after reading the website and blogs I decided it was for me.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found the steep learning curve and the long hours very difficult.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation I returned home to Newcastle and found a job about a month after I graduated
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I have successfully became a developer and I am now part of the Makers alumni community. I even got the Makers Academy logo tattooed onto my wrist. It was that life changing.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Take the leap, you'll be glad you did.
- What would you say to people who say £8,000 is very expensive?
For the expertise of the coaches and the experience it is 100% worth it & I would pay it again.
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
Makers Academy teaches quality code and the best standard of practices, demonstrate your knowledge of these and you will be fine.