- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was managing an airline.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Facebook! I was researching courses like this for a while and I tried learning myself but it's really hard to try figure out and what to study afterwards.
- What did you find difficult on the course?
I found working with people with different communication styles from my own slightly tricky.
- What was your end of cohort project?
It was the Werewolves game we played as a cohort, in digital format.
- Where are you now working?
Venntro Media Group
- How has your life changed since learning to code?
I got a job!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Save up money to make sure you can job hunt in peace after so you don't panic.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive for an online course?
For a quick career change it's not that expensive. It's also around the same price as a masters and you change your career quicker.
- What was your biggest fear before joining MA and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear was that I would not get a job. I got a job!
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Makers Academy has given me a lot of confidence.