- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as an analyst for a clinical trials company.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
My Dad got me into learning to code because he is a Programmer.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
My mate Chris from my old workplace is one of the coaches’ best friends and that’s how I found out about it. I came in to talk to Steve and fell in love with Makers Academy.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The intensity of the course and working 12 weeks straight without a breather.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation we won a hackathon and went to lots of meetups and did lots of tech tests. I then secured a job at Vzaar as a Junior Developer.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
Life is much calmer since graduation and it's quite fun working with other graduates as we now have free time and can learn new languages and work on new projects.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
It's 100% worth it and incredibly intense but you definitely need to be in the right mindset. And make sure you do lots of research!
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried about not having a job and not knowing when the next pay cheque will be coming in, but I've now got a job that pays more than my previous job so it's all good.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Makers Academy is like nothing I've ever done before and it's changed my life for the better.