- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I graduated from university of East Anglia in Maths.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted to be creative in what I did in my career but I didn't want to follow the same path nearly every other maths graduate does and go into accounting etc. I also wanted to use my problem solving skills too.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I heard through a friend who was applying to a bootcamp and came across Makers Academy.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I started of by working on personal projects and keeping my skills up and started to apply to jobs properly in January and then got a job at Festicket.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Take a leap of faith!
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's a small price to pay for the investment in your future.
- What as your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried that the workload would be way too much but I managed it well.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience