- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working in technical support for a voice recognition company.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted to solve problems and be creative.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I saw an advert and looked at the alumni case studies and it looked like a good opportunity that would not take a long time to switch careers.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The course was very intense and that was very difficult.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation, I continued coming here and I started to apply for jobs and polished my GitHub and CV and started practicing technical tests.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
For the better! I can code and I have a new job.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Research it and make sure you enjoy it and just do it!
- What you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's just as expensive as a Master's degree but it takes less time and the network you gain after Makers Academy is worth it.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear and worry was not being able to find a job after I finish but now I have a job.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Intense and awesome coaches.