- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
Before Makers Academy I was a professional dancer.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I used to watch my flatmate code every night and I was completely fascinated.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I Googled coding schools and I was ready to be excited and challenged by something new.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The thing I found most difficult during the course was believing in myself.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
Whilst I was working as an Alumni helper I got offered a job at The Sanger Institute as a Junior Software Developer.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I'm just so much happier and I'm excited about the future.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Take a deep breath, everything will work out.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
I didn't go to uni, but my gut feeling is that I got more out of Makers than I ever would have at uni.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear was that I wasn't intelligent enough but I'm starting to believe a big part of intelligence is experience which can only come with time.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
I truly don't think I can!
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
Fake it until you make it, pretend you already have an offer on the table!