- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
Engineering student at Durham University
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I got into it at university as part of my course. Started self learning afterward - a Makers alumni recommended the course, and so I signed up and it was awesome!
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Balancing time on the weekends - it's fine during the week, but I was always so busy at the weekend so finding time for the challenges was difficult.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I came and visited the careers team once a week. We had an office visit to Capco on the first day after graduation, and then I got an offer there the week after!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
For the better - it has more direction. After university I didn't know what career I wanted. I'm glad I did it and chose this direction.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's a fraction of the price of the education I've paid for in my life so far. It's a lot less. Makers was the best education I've had - it's the first time I've been engaged in what I'm doing.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
A lot of stress during the precourse about being kicked out! I was really worried about that - maybe I wasn't good enough. But it's fine now.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Coding. Beer. Ping pong!