- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a product owner at a mobile agency.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I was frustrated of not being able to build the products myself.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Just by googling and I saw some blog posts of people who had done the course and that made me decide to apply.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found information overload very difficult!
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
It all happened very quickly. Went to the careers fair, went to an interview with a hiring partner and through that got a job!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
What's the worst that could happen?
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's an insane amount of money but for changing your career in 3 months I felt like it was worth it.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
That I just would not be able to do it or be a good coder and I still worry about that but I know it is just a matter of time rather than it being unachievable.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
It was a huge blur!