- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I went to Loughbourgh university and was studying mechanical engineering but it wasn't really for me. I did a bit of travelling inbetween trying to figure out what I wanted to do and then applied to Makers.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I realised I've always enjoyed the logical process behind computers which ties into solving complex problems which I enjoy.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
My uncle is a software developer and he recommended it to me as where he works they had hired a Makers student.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Managing my time! As I'm from Bristol and my girlfriend lives in Bristol so just commuting on the weekends was tricky.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I took a big holiday and went skiing and then went to a lot of meetups and did some networking and had a couple of interviews which led to two offers
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I'm now able to pick up technologies really quickly.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Just do it and take the plunge and it will be worth it.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
If it's something you know you want to do then the price should not stop you.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Friendly, warm, nurturing environment to learn!