- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I worked on Wall St and in the City for Deutsche Bank and UBS.
- Why did you learn to code?
I learnt to code because I wanted to build my own MVPs but I learnt so much more than that. It got me hosting on Airbnb and I learnt a lot from the Founders about the Lean Startup. Most of all though, it allowed me to understand what coders are saying!
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I came across Makers while exploring an escape from finance and thought it was for me, very quickly! I met with the team and then I was certain.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Nothing. It was easy! - The truth? Almost everything, the nature of coding is that you have to understand lots of concepts all at once. It is hard to keep track!
- Why did you choose to learn to code rather than go and find a technical co-founder??
I did find a technical co-founder! James who taught at Makers and left during the time I was there.
- Tell us more about your business?
AirSorted makes Airbnb Hassle-free for host. We provide an Airbnb management solution that allows hosts to sit back, without worry. We handle the cleaning, laundry, keys as well as pricing and communication!
- How do you think Makers Academy helped in setting up your tech business?
Apart from meeting an amazing developer, it taught me how to talk "code". I know what an API is, I can imagine how software might do the things the business needs. It was invaluable!
- Have you raised? If so, how much and from where?
Yes we have raised money from Pi Labs and we are invested in by James Caan, who invests in Pi Labs.
- Are you still coding/involved in the technical side of your business?
Not very much, but I still understand what the CTO means when he is "talking code".
- What advice would you give to entrepreneurs who might be considering to join Makers Academy?
Join if you want to know tech speak but also if you are looking for a good backup plan, should you not succeed!