- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a sous chef.
- How did you find learning remotely?
It wasn't easy but it was extremely fun. It took me a while to get used to it and staying motivated was tough at times but overall a fantastic experience.
- How has your life changed since learning to code?
I have a new job, more confidence and made some new friends. Nothing but positives.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Do it. If you have the chance to do Makers it's so worth it. Becoming a web developer was never something I thought I'd become but Makers made it a reality.
- What would you say to people who say £4000 is expensive for an online course?
It is. Very. But worth it, and it's less than university. You'll get all the skills needed to actually get a job.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I'd never get a job. I knew they helped but I didn't think 12 weeks would be enough time to learn enough in order to get a job. Well, I got a job and I feel more confident than ever.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Difficult but rewarding.