- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I graduated from university having completed a degree in experimental physics. I was searching for a job in finance and through that I taught myself C++ and found an interest in coding and decided I wanted to learn more so applied to Makers Academy!
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I came across Makers Academy in the Guardian and I decided to apply because I wanted to learn to code more and I wanted a job in this industry.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found it all pretty difficult especially the pace of the course and forcing yourself to think in a very different way.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation I applied for jobs with a couple of Makers Academy hiring partners and had interviews fairly quickly. I carried on applying to jobs and had a few tech tests and then got a job at Rawnet.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I can code now to a professional level and I'm about to go into a job that I'm excited to get into. When I was looking for a job in Finance I wasn't comfortable with it but with this job I'm really excited to start.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Do it. If you are bored with your career and looking for a career that is exciting and learning something new everyday then do it.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear was that I would not be able to keep up and that I would not know as much but now I still get that feeling but I think everyone does and you got to learn to embrace it.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Hardest experience of my life but most worthwhile and fun!