- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working in a charity as a marketing manager.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
In my previous role I was working on digital projects and I didn't want to work on the sidelines anymore.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I was doing a lot of research into coding courses both online and offline and I liked the Makers Academy learning environment, the vibe, the curriculum but what I really liked was the industry best-practices like TDD.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I didn’t have much confidence! The struggle was believing in myself and my abilities to code.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I started to look for jobs after graduation. I wanted to look for a job at a place where I believed in the company mission and what they were trying to achieve, and the change they want to see in the world.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Do it and stop wasting time.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear and worry was that I would not be able to learn to code but now I can code and got a job that involves building tech for good.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
It was intense and exhilarating but was about overcoming your fear. It was one of the best learning experiences of my life.