- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a business consultant.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
There was a cross over in cyber security and I had potential to learn more at a programming job within the company.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Internet searches. The reviews were very encouraging and the success rate in getting people jobs.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found AngularJS very difficult and the idea of test driven development.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I was hired after speaking to a company at the careers fair. It was the enthusiasm that I displayed which showed them I really wanted the job.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I feel very happy and proud of myself of completing this rigorous course and I look forward to a new career in an exciting sector.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Do it. It was the best choice I ever made. Once you get over the fear, you will realise what a great idea it was.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
There is never too much money to invest in yourself and your future.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried I won't get a job or be a great coder but now I have a job and I'm a great coder.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Fantastic! Exhilarating and it's great to be young again!