- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
My main career was that I was a sound engineer.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
To make my ideas a reality.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The amount of new information and getting used to feeling of their being a whole world out there that you don't understand.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I started looking for jobs in the new year and it took me a couple of months of job hunting and I landed a job at Seenit.io as a front end engineer.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Jump in and do it! Be mindful however of the time of year you graduate as the job market fluctuates.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
Look into it as a long term investment.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest worry was that I wasn't going to get a job and I got a job! My other worry was whether the getting jobs thing was true or is it all marketing!
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Great fun and I got to do yoga and mediation as well!