- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a technical recruiter.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I saw a lot of amazing companies doing interesting things and wanted to be a part of it!
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Makers Academys reputation is good in the tech world and I thought it was the best way to become a developer.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
The sheer volume of things you need to learn.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I became an alumni helper and after my 6 week stint I got a job straight after.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Go for it!
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
My salary is now above average for a Junior Developer in London. I learnt to code in a very short amount of time and got a job very quickly.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Great people and lots of fun!