- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a Music Producer.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
Bringing my own Software ideas to fruition and changing careers.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
A friend recommended that I look into Programming Bootcamps since I was trying to find a way to enter the world of Software.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Truly getting to a point where I can honestly embrace Agile practices and use them for my own benefit.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I applied to jobs and then interviewed, three weeks later I had two full-time job offers.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I moved to London and am working as a Software Engineer now. I even moved into my own place.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
If you have the opportunity and the desire to do it - don't hesitate for a second!
- What would you say to people who say £8,000 is very expensive?
Good luck with finding a better course in Europe that gets you a job as a Software Engineer!
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
Not actually being able to get a job after the course. It was absolutely justified to be scared of that but it also drove me to succeed.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
It was the most intense and rewarding learning experience of my life.
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
Clean up your Github thoroughly and then be yourself and be honest.