- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I working as a studio engineer in India.
- How did you find learning remotely?
It was very challenging and rewarding and required a lot of discipline from my side.
- What was your end of cohort project?
Make it Stop! Alarm Clock. A phone alarm that requires a completion of a task to be switched off.
- How has your life changed since learning to code?
I'm now learning new programming concepts every day and making career out of it. I look forward to working more and more each day.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
You have to totally commit to it. Just do it and never look back.
- What would you say to people who say £4000 is expensive for an online course?
Try programming out for at least a month and see if you like doing it first. The Makers course is designed to get you up and running straight away. If you honestly put in the work, you will get a great return on your investment.
- What was your biggest fear before joining Makers and how do you feel about it now?
I never thought I could learn how to code this fast and be able to enter the job market straight away. I couldn't be more wrong! I now have a great coding job and I couldn't be happier.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Exciting, scary, challenging, fun and very very rewarding. One of the best experiences of my life.