- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a photographer.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
My family has a background in tech & I read a New York Times article about Silicon Valley!
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I came across Makers Academy after an extensive google search looking for bootcamps! They couldn't be missed!
- What did you find difficult during the course?
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
After graduation I spent 7 weeks coding & doing interviews/tech-tests before being offered a job!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I think I may have learnt just as much as I did when on the course, as Makers lets you prove to yourself you can learn any language you want! I had to learn Python & Django in 1 week for a job interview, something I would never have had the courage to do that without what I learnt Makers.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Try writing some code, maybe book on a taster day & if it's something you enjoy just take the plunge!
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
I would say, yes it is but if you're willing to work hard it's more than possible to get a great job with a great salary which will outweigh the cost.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My worry was that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the intensity of the course & that I might not be able to understand some of the basic concepts however this was soon put to ease. I'm still learning new things every day!
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
One big heavy-learning, hard-working, amazing-people-meeting blur!