- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
Looking for a legal job after a Law conversion course.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I already could code a little, haphazardly. Wanted to become well-enough versed in modern webdev to get a job in it.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Debugging when I had problems with Rails (at the time it seemed like a giant black box, didn't know where to start)
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
Spent a few months freelancing (as needed to sort some other parts of my life out, move house etc). Then told Ruben I was ready to start a full-time job, I got an offer from econsultancy eight days after that.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
That I would stop coding for fun if I was doing it as a career rather than a hobby, and starting finding it boring. That hasn't been a problem - if anything I enjoyed hobby-coding more for being much better at it.