- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I worked in the film industry as a Camera Technician.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted a change of career so looked into coding.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply to the programming course?
I met someone else that had already been here and they spoke highly of it.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found the speed of the information that came at you difficult to take in.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I worked on consolidating the things I learnt and also worked as an alumni helper. I was applying to jobs as well and landed a job at Wonga as a Junior Software Engineer.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I have a job as a coder that I've been working towards for the last 18 months!
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I gambled everything on it being a success and invested all my savings in the belief it would pay off in the end. Now I'm glad I took the risk.