- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working at Tesco.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
Coding has the ability to hold my attention.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I wanted to know everything.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I was employed as a Junior Front End Developer within two months after graduation.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
My life has changed since I graduated and got a job, but the real adventure started on day one at Makers Academy.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
You only live once.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried that I wouldn't be the best at what I did for once. Makers develops your personal skills as well as your coding. You learn to love the world of code despite what ever pace you feel you are learning at.
- What advice would you give to people interviewing for developer roles?
I found after coming out of an intensive boot camp that all you find yourself talking about is code! There are so many jobs out there in this industry so be yourself, don't pretend you're something your not otherwise you won't get the job that is right for you.