- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working in advertising and telly with Charlie Brooker!
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted to do something more objective and I felt I had not been challenged since university.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I got an interview at Trayport and I had two other interviews and Trayport came back with the best offer which I took!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
Makers Academy made me realise that what I like to do is learn stuff so I just keep on learning. I don't see anything as scary anymore and I see it as an opportunity to learn.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
It may seem like you are about to jump of a cliff but that's the whole point. Sometimes you need to shake everything up in your life.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
In your head you might be like I can do this on my own in my bedroom as there are so many free resources but coding is hard. You need to be pushed and be held accountable. There is nothing more motivating than paying £8k on something. It's an investment.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I remember my dad saying that I'll never get a job doing that. It didn't bother me because my dad doesn't know anything about technology but at the same time it did play on my mind that will this all be for nothing but it was a stupid fear as I did get a job in the end. Also Makers Academy is so focussed on getting people jobs as well.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
How am I meant to do that?!