- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was a PR analyst.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I had been trying to learn to code for about 10 years on my own but didn't make much progress.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
The company I was working for was employed by competitor of yours to search for information about you and this exposed me to coding bootcamps.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
It was difficult to pick up so many things in a short amount of time.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I applied to nearly 100 or so different jobs and got given about 10-12 tech tests and had 4 onsite interviews which led me to securing a job.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
My life has changed a lot for the good. I'm not stressed anymore about money and my days at work have become more natural and I really enjoy my job and working remotely.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
Be prepared to put in a lot of time and effort and put aside all your social life.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It's a good value for money and don't think about the figure and just think about what you can gain. My personal investment was nearly £30k as I had to re-mortgage my house to be able to do the course as my whole family realies on me financially.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I didn't have any fear as I was pretty sure that eventually I would get a job.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Best experience in my life!