- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working in corporate finance.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I realised coding was an important skill for the world right now. It is also more exciting then what I was doing before.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
Few of my friends came across it and recommended it to me and when I visited the website I decided I wanted to join. The buzz really won me over.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I found getting used to pairing difficult especially working with different people. Once I got used to it. It was very enjoyable.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I did a couple of tech tests through the hiring partners. My first interview was ThoughtWorks and I got the job!
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I've now got new skills that I couldn't even imagine I could have a few months ago. I'm now in an industry that really excites me.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
As long as you can commit and know that you are passionate then it's definitely worth it. It will make you a lot happier.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It is a big investment but the skills you get are priceless. It opens you up to a lot of opportunities. If you are willing to make a change it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things and it's cheaper than university.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My fear was that I wouldn't enjoy the course and that my investment would go to waste but it didn't.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Lifechanging and given me a brand new family of enthusiastic and fun people.