- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was an architect.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I was volunteering with an NGO in India using technology to map slums. The experience planted the seed for leveraging the power of code to solve everyday problems.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
Getting used to failing and continue trying anyways, managing my own expectations, writing my first blog (and winning the blog competition), the emotional stress of making such a big transition and constant brain exhaustion.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I travelled to South America and visited my family in Vancouver while I continued to code / job hunt and interview remotely, all thanks to the awesome Makers Academy careers team who are truly agile and supportive in any way possible.
- Where are you now working?
TES Global - working on a digital platform to help teachers source their teaching materials / build a community.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I am still the same person but my outlook to life and my own capacity as a human being has changed.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
You owe it to yourself to do something about it - life is too short.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
£8000 vs a life changing opportunity?
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
My biggest worry was whether or not I was too old to dive in to something so different, whether or not I could catch up, or that coding is right for me having being in architecture for a decade. The Makers Academy experience changed my mind set about myself, that I can be anything I want as long as I continue to grow and learn.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
A playground where you work extremely hard, make life long friends, experiment with new ideas and technologies everyday, learn and discover a part of yourself that you never thought you knew - MAGIC.