- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working in digital marketing.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I felt I reached a point in my last career where I wasn't learning much. I happened to be working with some great developers who guided me into coding. I really enjoyed the idea of making things from scratch.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I was aware of Makers Academy for a while and when I stared to think of it as a career. I researched and looked into bootcamps.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I started looking for jobs straight away. I got a few interviews through Makers Academy and after a few weeks I had two offers.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
It's just not worth spending the rest of your life doing something you don't enjoy.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
It is a lot of money but if you end up getting a career change out of it and feeling happier then it is worth the money.
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was mostly worried about when I was going to eat and how I'd have to do all the meal prep in advance however I made it work and managed to eat!
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Intense, stressful, fulfilling and fun!