- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was working as a restaurant supervisor in a gastro pub.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I came across a blog post about coding bootcamps, I wanted to do something different and I liked the community vibe of Makers Academy.
- How has your life changed since learning to code?
I've become a lot more ambitious.
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
I don't think you can teach anyone to code but it's not as unapproachable as you think. If you want to make stuff and work with cool people then read into it a bit more. I would recommend it but I think you need to have a certain aptitude.
- What do you say to people who say £8000 is expensive?
I agree with them but you could spend more on a Computer Science degree and come out less employable than at Makers Academy. It may not be perfect but it was perfect for me.
- What was your biggest fear before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried I was not good enough and now it's flipped. My concern has now been if a company is good enough for me when I was interviewing for them.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
It's been super intense with good times and bad times. It's been high pressure, but I've also met people who I think are going to be good friends for a long time.